10.05.2007

Still Stickin

Carl G.J. said that the act of separating oneself from the world, the act of individuating yourself, is an act of hatred. I don't like hatred, but I do like to think about people in terms of how to be different from them. I guess I only want to be different from the methods I despise in people, and not the people themselves. T'would be pretty silly to wish myself a non-person. In looking for differences you can appreciate the similarities you stumble upon. No methods of verification, no guarantees, but we manage to communicate or at least live as though we were communicating.

I try to get my thoughts to other people, my resolutions and stabs at irrationality. If rationality exists, and I believe it does, then I can't possibly do anything to disrupt its existence. It must be persistent in all cause and effect and in all interpretations of cause and effect. We say, "that didn't follow" or "that is random" if a person says something which appears to come from nowhere in the present. Even our note "rationality has little to do with spontaneous occurence" has been reached rationally. It was based on the thought that no reason can be found for a thing that has nothing to do with the subject at hand, or the natural order for all you know. Rationally we assume - that's knowledge. Rationally we reject mere assumption, if our rationality is to hold. There is a reason (if a choice was made) to assume or reject, whether we assume or reject assumption or anything, conceptual or not conceptual.

No comments: