10.26.2007

Getting started

I don't want other people to be participating in my experience except sometimes when I hear music. I think I hear it better than they do. I know how to enjoy it better. Or my past has prepared me better for it. I, according to Lacan's conception of the ego, is an other. He puts it in italics in the printed Seminar II. And I'm telling you, that when I write this paragraph, the "I" has past. Music only once pulled me to desire invitation to shared experience, but that one moment pervades in recollection.

And in reading sometimes we feel that we are having a shared experience, lest we think only one person ever reads anything. There doesn't seem to be any question in my mind that Freud was an artist. He would like to have been called Science. He would have liked a lot of things.

No comments: