8.07.2007

On language-rape

I'm sick of this field that looms above our heads and fills us with the desire to declare, "that's gay" or even simply, "gay." Like you've discovered America. Well, Christopher Columbus, many things are gay. Some kinds of sex are gay, some movies are gay, and some people are gay. If you are able to discern this, good for you. Maybe some things aren't as obviously gay as others. If you can discern those well then, doubly good for you.

Frankly, I don't think it's all that exciting. Nor do I think you are all that special or funny.

A love exists that is not man to woman (woman to man) and it's labeled with "gay," even if it's for words or colors. People love to call camaraderie gay. So within the culture of sexual labeling, camaraderie is suppressed.

Let's stop with this "that's gay" shit, even if you are gay. If you say it to be poignant or funny you're retarding what's there. If you say it to be hateful you're only feeding your problem. "That's gay," is a cry into a perpetually unintelligent abyss.

3 comments:

Rob said...

This entry is gay.

Thomas Cunningham Anawalt said...

Eloquently put. Did I make you angry for shitting on your favorite observation?

Rob said...

No, I actually completely agree with you. The only time I ever say it is in response to people's explanation of why you shouldn't use it, because I'm too immature to resist.