8.03.2007

Discourage

I think about how many people actually believe that the world is going to end in a biblical 7-year reign of the antichrist and that seems worth talking about, but most people are turned off by that. So the whole culture of discomfort/silence with real issues kind of bothers me. For me whenever someone brings that stuff up it means we're getting closer to the heart of the issues and problems with todays society; something might be learned in the course of the conversation. People don't want to learn though because learning has been siphoned into unpleasantness by the economy of education. Its not that I'm uninterested in what other people have to say about their personal lives, but I'm discouraged when people are uninterested in the things that actually mean something to the world at large. There are so many serious topics that its very easy to turn everything into a joke or not pay any attention to it. Somehow if it isn't aimed at peace or figuring out how people feel about spiritual issues, I find it superfluous. I don't think very many people believe in peace. They definitely don't believe in talking about it.

No comments: