5.13.2009

Inside of a carpenter's box
Sweating out of my cheeks
Grumbling like a hound
Feeling like a small chip of bacon
Deciding whether to drink wine
I just brushed my teeth

I'll drink water, wash that toothpaste out
Poison and I are acclimated at this point
Coffee or Cigarettes, you name it
I'm figuring out what this butter knife is doing
Sitting next to my computer with a serrated edge
I used it to stir my tea

Gathering my thoughts I recall that I sit here
My thoughts are interrupted by a siren
Why does the siren always seem to call for me
Writing way too fast

Seven ages ago. That was 15. This is 22.
I miss twenty. I wrote freely and innocently at 20.
I lied about my innocence at 22, but the memory remained clean.
Ah, good riddance.
Let failures rouch themselves off to the plains to die.

Investing crackers into my mouth

No comments: