6.26.2008

Attempting Politics

John McCain looks us in the eye (camera) and tells us "I hate war." Which is it, then? One hundred years in Iraq or victory by urgency of old McCain's hatred? You've got some 'splaining to do with your flip-flops by the way (on the tax cuts, the war, and how they came beautifully at the same time). Unlike John Kerry's flip-floppery (thank you Karl Rove), John McCain's flipping is quite real and... let's call it substantial.

I don't trust anything a Republican says. In my day, you could spot young Republicans a mile off. They're the one's calling one another fag (nu-uh, we only call fags fags, fag). They do it in order to assure themselves of their own nutsack. You see, no one loves testicles more than a young Republican. Not to say that Democrats don't love testicles... because they do.

Democrats are taking a shot at beacon status these days. Hope for hope to carry the day. So where can I stand in this thing? I should get a girlfriend. Been long enough. Anyway, the election is a tricky thing because politicians are a heck of a thing to have to choose. Obama said he would allow for five days of public internet posting before he signs any bill. Who's going to read the postings, let alone the bills? I accept the democratic gesture as long as the President takes responsibility for his decision-making no matter who and how many others he listens to. I'm sure at the end the signing of the bills won't just be a majority yes-no contest. Obama's a smart guy.

Bush has made me paranoid, fearful, and in the case of the Patriot Act he seemed to be calling me an idiot to my face. Even my unborn children were stepped on by that joke (it was a joke, right?) Bush is such a monumental suck-head that change as an answer seems like an understatement of sorts. The trick is to know what's good about the standing order as well as what is "broken," and to change only what will account for a difference for the better.

Obama asks me to believe in his ability to bring about a change. I wish I understood the greater substance of such a change before I was asked to believe in it. Giving all Americans the health plan of a Senator is a brilliant concept. I personally think that Doctors should be paid as much as school teachers and should help everyone they are able to help whether they see a penny for it or not. All school teachers should be paid double what they are paid now, of course. Is the best doctor the best doctor because of his paycheck, or the teacher the same? Do we not allow both to become the best, and give them respect and luxuries along the way? Always equipment has to be taken care of, but not above the lives of the doctors and the citizens and anyone asking for healing. As the maintenance and acquisition of equipment is linked to the care over the lives of patients, it should be provided for on a basis of need and preventative care for emergencies in cities.

No comments: